• Immigration Consultant Scarborough

    Immigration Services

    Toronto Immigration Consultant

  • Work Permit
  • Visitor Visa
  • Study in Canada
  • Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
  • New Caregiver Pilot Program
  • Labour Market Impact Assessment
  • Family Sponsorship
  • Express Entry Program
  • Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program


In order to work on a temporary basis in Canada, a foreign skilled workers must have a temporary offer of employment from a Canadian employer. If you or a family member are applying for a PR card, you can also apply via an ‘Open Work'.

If you are looking for a job, certain positions in Canada may require a person to know their National Occupation Classification Code (NOC Code). This code is used to classify all types of employment by Canadian standards.

There are four basic steps to getting a temporary Work Visa

  • Employer applies for labour market opinion (if necessary)
  • Employer extends temporary job offer to foreign workers
  • Foreign skilled worker applies for work permit
  • Work permit is issued

What Type of Work Permits Does Canada Have?

Here are the two types of work permits Canada has to offer. Depending on your qualifications and occupation your job may fall under two different categories of work permits.

There are two main types of work permits, the Open Work Permit and the Employer Specific Work Permit.

Immigration Consultant Scarborough

An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. Because it is not job-specific, you will not need the following when you apply for your work permit:

Some of the types of work permits Canada considers to be OWP are the:

  • Temporary Work Permits for Spouses or Partners;
  • Post Graduation Work Permit;
  • Temporary Resident Permit;
  • World Youth Program Permit;
  • Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program Spousal Permit;
  • Regular Open Work Permit; and
  • Birding Open Work Permit

An employer-specific work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include:

  • The name of the employer you can work for
  • How long you can work
  • The location where you can work (if applicable)

Immigration Consultant Scarborough

If you are unsure about whether you can qualify under any of these programs, just complete this contact form to speak to an immigration Consultant. They will answer any questions you have about the application process and how to move forward with your application.

A Visitor Visa also called Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also referred to as tourist visa, is an official document that stick by Canadian visa office in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to enter Canada as a temporary resident either as a visitor, a student, or a worker. Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada.

Foreign national or Visitors are persons who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, and are legally authorized to enter Canada to:

  • visit Canada on holiday (vacation),
  • visit family,
  • conduct business, etc.
  • Visitors are restricted in length of stay and subject to various conditions.

At the port of entry, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave by in your passport. They might also give you a document, called a visitor record, which will show the date you need to leave by.

If you don’t get a stamp in your passport, you can stay for 6 months from the day you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. If you need a stamp, you can ask a border services officer for one. If you arrive at an airport that uses primary inspection kiosks, ask the border officer after you finish at the kiosk.

Study in Canada

Make sure you need a visitor visa before you apply

You may need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. The entry document you need depends on:

  • The type of travel document you plan to travel with
  • The country that issued your travel document
  • Your nationality
  • Your method of travel to Canada for this trip

If you are unsure about whether you can qualify under the Tourist Visa, just complete this contact form to speak to an immigration specialist. They will answer any questions you have about the application process and how to move forward with your application.

Study in Canada

First and foremost, the Canadian education system is one of the most well respected in the world. It was founded and continues to strive for excellence and quality, which is obvious in the employees it produces. Students that study in Canada are highly sought after individuals in the work place because Canadian education credentials are valued across the world.

Thousands of researchers and international students choose to study in Canada, every year. Study in Canada is an excellent option for students that are pursuing a respected education with an unmatched overall experience. Canada offers a unique environment, suitable for all areas of study, as well as a safe and beautiful atmosphere. BMC is able to bridge the gap between international students and employees and their applications to study or work abroad, making the process seamless.

Step 1: Choose your Course and School

Start by choosing an school and course, choosing an school is to ascertain its status as a Designated Learning School, Only DLIs can admit foreign students. Prospective students are welcome to apply for several different programs and school at a time.

Canada Immigration

Step 2: School Requirements

Applying to a Canadian education school requires an understanding of different requirements and the courses they offer. Depending on the school, specific documentation could be required. Always consult the school for specific admission requirements and contact the appropriate school office if you have any questions. In Canada, applications and admissions are handled by the school to which you are applying, requirements may vary between provinces, which is why this step must be performed in a careful and systematic manner.

Step 3: Submit Your Application

Most applications to school in Canada are done through an online application system, having the choice of applying to a dozen schools can be advantageous but you will have to consider the administration fee, which varies from CD100 to CD2,500.

Step 4: Wait to Be Admitted

Admission results are normally released after 2 weeks. If you are admitted, you will be advised to pay the tuition fees for the first semester. The school will send you an official letter of admission confirmation for visa purposes.

Step 5: Apply for a Study Permit

Now that you have an school ready to admit you, begin the visa application process as soon as possible. Because the process can take up to 20 days to 70 days and requires several important documents. Students from countries outside Canada will not be allowed to enter and stay in Canada if they are not in possession of the proper visa.

Step 6: Travel to Canada

If your visa approved, it is now time to start planning your travel to Canada, it’s time to begin your adventures. Your permit will have a start date, which is the date from which the permit comes into force. Keep in mind that you won’t be permitted to enter Canada before this date. Plan your travel accordingly.

Once you arrived in Canada

Most international students in Canada can work for up to 20 hours per week, and full-time during scheduled breaks. Working while studying can help you support yourself and earn experience in Canada, all while building the connections and experience that could make you stand out in your job hunt later on, and that may lead you for permanent residence application in the near future.

Canada Immigration

Studying and working in Canada with your family

Work while you study, help your spouse or common-law partner get a work permit while you study, work temporarily or stay permanently in Canada after you graduate as an international student.

Yes, you may be able to bring your spouse or common-law partner, and dependent children, with you to Canada. They may be eligible for a study or work permit, or a visitor visa.

What Happens After Your Studies are Completed?

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) allows students who have graduated from eligible Canadian Designated Learning schools (DLIs) to obtain an open work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience in National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0 or skill level A or B that is gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class within Express Entry.

Why choose BMC to guide you through the process of Study in Canada

While the thought of study in Canada is exciting, the details can be overwhelming to work out. Figuring out the correct process can be strenuous, through years of experience we have discovered the most simple way for students to achieve their dreams of study in Canada. We have the process and the resources to make your venture successful.

Our Assistance

  1. Counselling and short listing of courses
  2. Assist you to receive confirmed admission or pre-admit letter from school
  3. Complete requirements to receive final Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
  4. Assist you for paying tuition fee before deadline.
  5. Complete GIC immigration account
  6. Submit online visa application

Don’t miss the opportunity to study in Canada. Allow BMC to guide you through the process so you can live your dream! Thousands have made the decision to study or train abroad, and you can too!

The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) is a community-driven program. It’s designed to spread the benefits of economic immigration to smaller communities by creating a path to permanent residence for skilled foreign workers who want to work and live in one of the participating communities. The COVID-19 health crisis has caused some of these communities to limit applications to candidates who are already living in the region.

The pilot will launch in participating communities at different times.

  • North Bay, ON
  • Sudbury, ON
  • Timmins, ON
  • Sault Ste. Marie, ON
  • Thunder Bay, ON
  • Brandon, MB
  • Altona/Rhineland, MB
  • Moose Jaw, SK
  • Claresholm, AB
  • Vernon, BC
  • West Kootenay (Trail, Castlegar, Rossland, Nelson), BC

Canada Immigration

Who can apply

To be eligible for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program, you must meet all IRCC eligibility requirements. You must

  • Have qualifying work experience or have graduated from a publicly funded post-secondary institution in the recommending community
  • Meet or exceed the language requirements
  • Meet or exceed the educational requirements
  • Prove you have enough money to support your transition into the community
  • Intend to live in the community
  • Meet community-specific requirements

Work experience

You can now accumulate qualifying work experience of at least 1 year of full-time work (or an equal amount in part-time) within the last 3 years, whether that work experience is continuous or not.

All other requirements for work experience and eligibility criteria must be met. You need 1 year of continuous work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years. (See exemption above.)

To calculate your hours of work experience

  • Count the hours worked in part-time and full-time jobs
    • The hours must be in 1 occupation, but they can be with different employers.
    • The hours must be over a period of at least 12 months.
    • These working hours can be inside or outside Canada.
      • If you worked in Canada, you must have been allowed to work in Canada.
  • Don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • Don’t count hours when you were self-employed

Your work experience must include

  • Most of the main duties and all the essential duties listed in your National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • The activities listed in the lead statement of your NOC

You can see which duties are involved by searching your job title on the NOC web page.

International students

You’re exempt from the work experience criteria above if you’re an international student who graduated with

  1. A credential from a post-secondary program of 2 years or longer and you
    1. Were studying as a full-time student for the full duration of the 2+ years
    2. Received the credential no more than 18 months before your application for permanent residence
    3. Were in the community for at least 16 of the last 24 months spent studying to get your credential

  2. A master’s degree or higher and you
    1. were studying as a full-time student for the duration of your degree
    2. got your degree no more than 18 months before your application for permanent residence were in the community for the length of your studies

Canada Immigration

You cannot apply as an international student if your credentials are from a program in which

  • Studying English or French made up more than half of the program
  • Distance learning made up more than half of the program
  • A scholarship or fellowship was awarded that requires you to return to your home country to apply what you learned

Language requirements

You must meet the minimum language requirements based on the NOC category that applies to the job offer in the community. This can either be the

  • Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) or
  • Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC)

The minimum language requirements for each NOC category are

  • NOC 0 and A: CLB/NCLC 6
  • NOC C and D: CLB/NCLC 4

You must submit your results from a designated language test. These results must be less than 2 years old when you apply.

Find out more about language testing.

Educational requirements

You must have one of the following:

  • Aa Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma, or
  • A Canadian post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree, or
  • An educational credential assessment (ECA) report, from a designated organization or professional body, showing that you completed a foreign credential that’s equal to a Canadian secondary school (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree (your ECA report must be less than 5 years old on the date of your application).

If you are unsure about whether you can qualify under any of these programs, just complete this contact form to speak to an immigration Consultant. They will answer any questions you have about the application process and how to move forward with your application.

The Caregiver pilot program is a program for individuals who wish to migrate and work in Canada as caregivers. Caregiver applicants who are interested in immigrating to Canada have two options. These two programs were launched in 2019 following the closure of the Interim Pathway for Caregivers.

The new caregiver pilot program has more flexibility and has more good news for prospective caregiver applicants.

  • Under Home Child Care Provider Pilot (HCCP), and
  • Under Home Support Worker Pilot (HSWP)

Caregivers will now only receive a work permit if they have a job offer in Canada and meet standard criteria for economic immigration programs. Once working in Canada, caregivers will be able to begin gaining the required two years of Canadian work experience to apply for permanent residence.

Express Entry Program Canada

Basic Immigration Criteria (for Employees)

  • Work experience in the respective field; under NOC 4411 Home Child Care Provider or NOC 4412 Home Support Worker. At least 2 years’ required for Permanent Residency
  • Have a genuine and valid job offer from a Canadian employer
  • Have at least CLB 5 language skills
  • At least 1 year post-secondary education or equivalent to Canadian standards

Job Offer Criteria (for Employers)

  • The job offer must be made using Offer of Employment IMM 5983
  • Job must be Full time and located anywhere in Canada but Quebec
  • The job offer must match the respective NOC 4411 or 4412
  • Employer should be able to display that they were unable to fill that role through a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

If you would like to know more, you may call (416) 290-5763 or email info@bestmigrationcanada.com or message us using the contact form.

Family Sponsorship Canada

Are you an employer looking for LMIA assistance?

LMIA applications process are always a headache and time consuming. Our expertise can help save your business time and costs.

Generally, a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is required before a Canadian employer can hire a temporary foreign worker (formerly known as a Labour Market Opinion – LMO). In order to obtain an LMIA, employers must advertise the position for at least four weeks and potentially interview candidates who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

Visitor Visa Canada

The LMIA process distinguishes between “high-wage” and “low-wage” employees. Temporary foreign workers whose remuneration is below the provincial/territorial median wage are considered low-wage. Temporary foreign workers whose remuneration is equal to or above the median wage are considered high-wage.

LMIA applications are detailed and require lots of documentation.. Employers must provide a written description of why each un-hired Canadian was not qualified for the job. Not all work permit types require a LMIA to be issued; work permit streams that are LMIA-exempt come under the International Mobility Program.

To speak with a Regulated Immigration Consultant about a Labour Market Impact Assessment, please call (416) 290-5763 or email info@bestmigrationcanada.com

Visitor Visa Canada

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your:

  • Spouse,
  • Common-law or conjugal partner, or
  • Dependent children
  • Parents

to immigrate to Canada.

If you sponsor a family member to immigrate to Canada, you must provide proof that you can:

  • Meet basic needs—such as food, clothing and shelter—for yourself and your family,
  • Support your relative financially and
  • Make sure your spouse or relative does not need to ask for financial help from the government.

Study in Canada

Find out about common-Law and spousal sponsorship for immigration to Canada.

Canadian citizens and permanent residents may sponsor their spouse or common-law partner, parents, grandparents, for immigration to Canada. If successful, the sponsored person obtains permanent resident status, allowing the couple or relatives (or family, if applicable) to build their lives in Canada.

  • September, 2020 update: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times. Learn more here.

The common-law / spousal sponsorship Canada immigration program is a part of the Family Class category, through which Canada welcomes a substantial number of new permanent residents annually.

If you are interested in this pathway to permanent residence, either as the sponsor or sponsored person, there is much to consider. Important considerations include:

  • What is your civil status?
  • Are you living in the same location at the time of the application?
  • Is the sponsor a Canadian citizen, or is the sponsor a permanent resident?

Study in Canada

Both the sponsor and sponsored person must be approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in order for the sponsored person to receive Canadian permanent residence.

Express Entry is open to all skilled immigrants and to allow the government to select the best candidates who are most likely to succeed in Canada, rather than those who happen to be first in line. This application management system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to manage and process applications received through three of Canada’s federal economic immigration programs for skilled workers.

Express Entry is a competitive immigration system, ranking all eligible candidates against one another and then inviting the best ranking candidates to apply for Canadian permanent resident status. Candidates are ranked against one another based on their age, education, language proficiency, work experience, and other factors.

This program will also prevent backlogs and allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to better coordinate application volume with the annual immigration levels plan. Qualified applicants can expect faster processing times of six months or less when invited to come to Canada in four key economic streams: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class, and a portion of the PNP.

Canada Immigration

The Express Entry form is not an application itself but only the preliminary stage in the assessment of a potential candidate. Keep in mind that not all candidates who file an Express Entry Visa are invited to apply for a permanent resident visa as selection will be based on the needs expressed by the authorities. There will be a larger role for employers in the immigration program, leveraged through “Express Entry”.

The Express Entry is a two-step Process

Step 1: Complete Express Entry Profile.

Candidates will be assessed against others within the pool, and be ranked based on criteria that are known to contribute to a newcomer’s economic success once in Canada. Only the highest-ranked candidates, and those with valid job offers or provincial/territorial nominations, will be invited to apply for permanent residence. The Government of Canada and Provincial Governments, as well as employers, will be able to select new immigrants from the Express Entry pool. The highest-ranked candidates (i.e. candidates considered to have the best chances for economic success in Canada), and those with valid job offers or provincial nominations, will be invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence.

Canada Immigration

Step 2: Invitation to Apply for Canadian Permanent Residence.

If a candidate is selected, he or she will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in Canada. He or she will then have 60 days to submit an electronic application for permanent residence. CIC aims to process applications within six months of the date of submission. Candidates must ensure that they complete all necessary forms and submit all supporting documents within this time frame. On completion of the process, successful candidates and their dependents (spouse and children) will land in Canada as permanent residents.
Candidates in the Express Entry pool who do not receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence in Canada after 12 months may resubmit their profile and re-enter the pool if they still meet the criteria of at least one of the economic immigration programs.

Discover how BMC Immigration Services can assist you.

This long awaited program aims to make immigration faster, more efficient and result in satisfied employers and applicants. At this time, the program appears to be making Canada an option to a greater number and variety of skilled workers who are interested in immigrating to Canada. Remember, the sooner you start the process, the sooner you can have a chance to succeed. Discover how BMC Immigration Services can assist you in applying for Canadian Permanent Residency by filling out our ONLINE ASSESSMENT FORM or send inquiry to info@bestmigrationcanada.com today.

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP) is an innovative partnership aimed at attracting and retaining skilled immigrants and international graduates to meet the unique workforce needs of the Atlantic region. This program is an employer-driven federal immigration program designed to help employers fill permanent labour shortages and skill gaps by supporting foreign nationals for permanent residency.

The goal is to ensure the long-term retention and integration of newcomers in Atlantic Canada to help drive economic growth.

Initially launched as a three-year pilot, the AIP will be extended by two years to December 2021. This will give IRCC and the Atlantic provinces more time to assess the innovative aspects of this pilot: its employer-driven focus, mandatory settlement plan, and new model of partnership with the Atlantic provinces and ACOA.

Express Entry Program Canada

Three programs operate under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot, which target different types of candidates.

  1. Atlantic High-Skilled Program

    The Atlantic High-Skilled Program is aimed at skilled workers with management, professional or technical/skilled job experience. There are also other requirements. The job offer must last for at least one year.

  2. Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program

    The Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program is aimed at candidates for jobs requiring a high school education and/or job-specific training. There are also other requirements. The job offer must be permanent.

  3. Atlantic International Graduate Program

    The Atlantic International Graduate Program is aimed at candidates who have a degree, diploma or other credential from a publicly-funded institution in an Atlantic province. Work experience is not required. The job offer must last for at least one year.

    • International graduates will now have 24 months post-graduation to apply for the AIP. This change will increase the number of eligible international graduates that can participate in AIP and give them the time they need to complete the PR application process.
    • Employers in the healthcare sector will be able to hire internationally trained nurses to work as continuing care and home care support workers in order to fill job vacancies.
    • The Atlantic provinces will have new authorities to focus their AIP spaces on in-demand labour market needs. This change will lead to better oversight of the pilot and give provinces greater ability to manage designated employers.

Immigration Consultant Scarborough

Optional Temporary Work Permit

Certain candidates can apply for a temporary work permit before sending their permanent resident application. This allows them to start work while their application for permanent residence is processed.

Settlement Plan

Candidates through all three Atlantic Immigration Pilot programs require a Settlement Plan after receiving an offer of employment.

The Settlement Plan is designed to help you settle in Canada by highlighting resources specific to you and your family’s needs. You will also find where you can go to the community to get help.

Candidates make the Settlement Plan with a settlement service provider, available both inside and outside Canada.

Contact us for FREE ASSESSMENT

You can send us your most recent resume along with our completed ATLANTIC PILOT PROGRAM FORM to info@bestmigrationcanada.com for free assessment.