Visitor Visa

Author: Best Migration Canada |

A Visitor Visa also called Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also referred to as tourist visa, is an official document that stick by Canadian visa office in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to enter Canada as a temporary resident either as a visitor, a student, or a worker. Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada.

Foreign national or Visitors are persons who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, and are legally authorized to enter Canada to:

  • visit Canada on holiday (vacation),
  • visit family,
  • conduct business, etc.
  • Visitors are restricted in length of stay and subject to various conditions.

At the port of entry, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave by in your passport. They might also give you a document, called a visitor record, which will show the date you need to leave by.

If you don’t get a stamp in your passport, you can stay for 6 months from the day you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. If you need a stamp, you can ask a border services officer for one. If you arrive at an airport that uses primary inspection kiosks, ask the border officer after you finish at the kiosk.

Study in Canada

Make sure you need a visitor visa before you apply

You may need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. The entry document you need depends on:

  • The type of travel document you plan to travel with
  • The country that issued your travel document
  • Your nationality
  • Your method of travel to Canada for this trip

If you are unsure about whether you can qualify under the Tourist Visa, just complete this contact form to speak to an immigration specialist. They will answer any questions you have about the application process and how to move forward with your application.

Study in Canada